We have the perfect solution for easy servicing of the axles on your Tamiya Clod Buster. Our SVT Quick Change Axle Retainers replace the stock method of attaching the axle tubes. Instead of disassembling the entire transmission to access the mounting screw heads inside the transmission, our Retainers use mounting screws inserted from outside the transmission threaded into durable aluminum. So now you can easily remove axle tubes for quick and easy servicing of your axle components and securely reinstall them without having to take apart the entire transmission.
- 2x SVT Retainers (enough for both sides of 1 axle)
- 8x M3x12mm cap head screws
- 2x M3 washers
- Press fit one SVT Retainer inside each side of the transmission housing. The side of the retainer with 4 tabs should face the housing, and the retainer should be oriented so the screw hole that has clearance grooves on either side is in the top position (12 o'clock). The transmission gear will only seat correctly with the retainer installed with the grooves orientated in this direction. See pictures for reference.
- Use 2x M3x12mm screws inserted from the outside of the housing to tighten the SVT Retainers into place and then remove the screws. The retainers should sit flat against the inside of the transmission housing when fully seated.
- Install axle tubes onto the transmission housing using the M3x12mm cap head screws and thread lock. Use washers on the top screw on each side of the axle (the screw located at 12 o'clock) to prevent the end of the top screws from rubbing the gears inside the transmission. Tightening these screws is best accomplished with a ball end 2.5mm driver. See pictures for reference.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: BTY-0010UPC: