Derek the mad scientist (aka SVT923) has been at it again. This time, he's created the ultimate low CG multipurpose skid for Element and Axial-based trucks. The SVT Low CG Multipurpose Skid for Element and SCX10 (yes...we know it's a mouthful) is truly the Swiss Army knife of skids. Want to lower the transmission by 3mm and improve driveline angles on your Element Enduro? No problem. Swap out the Element's Stealth X transmission for an AX10 transmission? Easy. Install an Element Stealth X transmission in your SCX10 or SCX10 II? We've got you covered. Use the Element IFS conversion kit on your SCX10 or SCX10 II? You guessed it...our newest skid does all of this and more. And as if that weren't enough, we've smoothed out the underside of the skid so that it slides over rocks with ease.
- Lowers stock transmission by 3mm without impacting ground clearance
- Improves driveline angles
- Allows installation of Axial AX10 3-gear transmission
- Works with solid front axle and IFS versions of the Element
- Works with both transmission orientations
- Fits stock Element pivot balls
SCX10 / SCX 10 II
- Lowers transmission by approx. 1mm without impacting ground clearance
- Allows installation of Element Stealth X transmission
- Allows installation of Element IFS conversion without having to trim skid mounting holes
- Fits stock Axial pivot balls
- 1 skid
- 1 transmission spacer
- 4x M3 x 20mm set screws
- 4x M3 x 12mm flat head screws
- 4x M3 locknuts
- 2x M3 x 12mm BHCS
- Start by removing stock skid. Save the screws and locknuts used to attach upper links to the chassis, and the screws used to attach the skid in each of the 2 middle holes on each side of the skid.
- Insert SVT Multipurpose skid into chassis and use stock screws to attach the skid to the chassis in each of the 2 middle holes on each side.
- Use stock screws and locknuts to attach rear and front (if applicable) upper links after installing the skid.
- Use M3 x 20mm set screws in place of stock set screws to attach front and rear lower links (or IFS skid and rear lower links if running IFS).
- Use 4x M3 x 12mm flat head screws to fasten transmission to skid.
- Use 2x M3 x 12mm BHCS screws and M3 locknuts to attach skid to chassis in forward-most skid holes when running IFS setups. You do not need to use these screws if running solid front axle.
- You do not need to use screws in the forward-most and rearward-most slider holes.
- Go out and play!
ReviewsChrisNice piece, pictures doesn’t do it just. Pictures make it look cheap. It’s not, it feels really good. It’s about as light as my stock center skid and has a smooth texture on it. Pictures made it look rough. Comes with some hardware for mounting and a spacer that maybe needed in your application. I didn’t need it, my transmission bolted right up. The transmission definitely sits lower than the stock mount.
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: BEL-0020UPC:Width: 3.0 (in)Height: 1.0 (in)Depth: 6.0 (in)