Do you enjoy the Axial SCX10 III but not it’s bulky, complex transmission? Do you also enjoy the near bulletproof simplicity and minimal drivetrain slop of a classic 3-gear transmission? And do you like to eliminate unnecessary weight above the chassis rails? Yeah...we thought so. That's why we developed the SVT 3-Gear Transmission Adapter for the Axial SCX10 III. Drop in your favorite Axial AX10 3-gear (or compatible) transmission, or for bonus points, drop in a Stealth X transmission from the Element Enduro to get overdrive to the front axle. Either way, you'll enjoy a tried and true drivetrain without the hassle of parts and bits you don't need.
1x transmission adapter
4x M3x8mm flat head screws
Note: You will need to supply your own 3-gear transmission (AX10-compatible or Stealth X).
- Remove front and rear driveshafts. Note that driveshaft lengths will change after the transmission conversion due to different location of output shafts. Final driveshaft lengths after conversion will depend on your wheelbase. If you are using stock Axial Wild Boar HD driveshafts and do not have spare male/female ends, we recommend purchasing AXI31114 so that you can adjust the length of your driveshafts as needed.
- Unplug dig and shift servos if applicable.
- If you are installing a Stealth X transmission, remove the battery tray located behind the skid or raise it to allow clearance for the rear driveshaft. If you remove the rear battery tray, you can use the stock battery tray on the slider or relocate the battery to the front of the chassis.
- Remove stock transmission from skid and save mounting screws.
- Mount 3-gear transmission to adapter using the included M3x8mm flat head screws.
- Mount transmission/adapter assembly to SCX10 III skid using stock transmission mounting screws.
- Install new driveshafts.
ReviewsDakotaWorks flawlessly got one in my axial scx10.3 and very happy with the different transmission the transmission that came in the 10.3 is a piece of **** I took it out and literally threw it in the garbage I was so ****** off. Thank you for making a quality product to help out customers who bought an $800 CAD truck and get a transmission with a “click” or dig that you use it and the rear tires lose drive until you have to take the transmission apart to fix it. Thank you so much because I can enjoy my truck finally no clicks. Seriously though keep doing what your doing I really appreciate company’s like you. From a very happy Canadian. Thank you.Jeff pickens
Scx10 iii adapter 3 gearIt worked out perfect . I needed a longer rear drive line , I had one chilling .Matthew McRae
The results are amazing, but not without some challengesFirst I want to say that the SCX10 III with this adapter and the Stealth X transmission is absolutely amazing. Totally transformed the truck. Super quiet, smooth, and much longer run time with less complexity in the transmission. The installation was straightforward but not without issues. First, the 4 screws that come with the adapter are too long and actually protrude into the transmission case and rub against the gears. I had 4 shorter screws on hand which solved that problem. Second, the adapter I received did not have the design with the nuts for the installation, only screws into plastic. The adapter is made from relatively soft plastic and when screwing in the transmission, you never know when you get close to tight. It never really tightens because the plastic is so soft. Lastly, if installing using a Stealth X transmission, in it's proper orientation and factory default option, the overdrive goes to the rear axle and not the front. No big deal, you simply have to reverse the drive gears on the outdrive and use the optional top shaft to get the overdrive to the front axle. In the end it was still a very simple installation. 5 stars for the results, 2 stars for the slight headache of having to use different screws, swapping tranny parts, and possible stripping the adapter due to soft plastic.Scott
3 Gear adapterExcellent quality part and straightforward installation. Quick and hassle free shipping.Jeremy Kilburn
3 gear Scx10iii transmission adapterAbsolutely a perfect fit and a quality product. Incredible ingenuity, well done!
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: BSX-0080UPC:Width: 3.0 (in)Height: 1.0 (in)Depth: 5.0 (in)