Do you enjoy the Axial SCX10 III but not it’s bulky, complex transmission? Do you also enjoy the near bulletproof simplicity and minimal drivetrain slop of a classic 3-gear transmission? And do you like to eliminate unnecessary weight above the chassis rails? Yeah...we thought so. That's why we developed the SVT 3-Gear Transmission Adapter for the Axial SCX10 III. Drop in your favorite Axial AX10 3-gear (or compatible) transmission, or for bonus points, drop in a Stealth X transmission from the Element Enduro to get overdrive to the front axle. Either way, you'll enjoy a tried and true drivetrain without the hassle of parts and bits you don't need.
1x transmission adapter
2x M3 locknuts
4x M3x8mm flat head screws
Note: You will need to supply your own 3-gear transmission (AX10-compatible or Stealth X).
- Remove front and rear driveshafts. Note that driveshaft lengths will change after the transmission conversion due to different location of output shafts. Final driveshaft lengths after conversion will depend on your wheelbase. If you are using stock Axial Wild Boar HD driveshafts and do not have spare male/female ends, we recommend purchasing AXI31114 so that you can adjust the length of your driveshafts as needed.
- Unplug dig and shift servos if applicable.
- If you are installing a Stealth X transmission, remove the battery tray located behind the skid or raise it to allow clearance for the rear driveshaft. If you remove the rear battery tray, you can use the stock battery tray on the slider or relocate the battery to the front of the chassis.
- Remove stock transmission from skid and save mounting screws.
- Insert 2x M3 locknuts into holes on top of adapter.
- Mount 3-gear transmission to adapter using the included M3x8mm flat head screws.
- Mount transmission/adapter assembly to SCX10 III skid using stock transmission mounting screws.
- Install new driveshafts.