After we fixed the wonky steering geometry of the Element IFS with our N2R steering rack, we couldn't resist taking a crack at the bell cranks. Our N2R Aluminum Steering Bell Cranks for the Element Enduro IFS provide added strength and, when combined with our N2R steering rack, virtually eliminate play in the steering.
- 1x left bell crank
- 1x right bell crank
N2R steering rack is sold separately and can be found here:
- Start by removing front skid plate. Save skid and all 4 screws for reinstallation later.
- Unscrew steering rack from bellcranks. Save the M3x14 BHCS screws and hat bushings for reinstallation of steering rack. If you are using the N2R Steering Rack, you will not need the washers when reinstalling the N2R steering rack onto the N2R Bell Cranks.
- Unscrew the bell cranks from the servo mount plate and save the M3x6 FHCS mounting screws.
- Remove the servo link from the right side bell crank and save the stock M3x16 BHCS screw.
- Unscrew the M3x6 BHCS bearing retainer screws from the steering posts.
- Transfer bearings and steering posts from the stock bell cranks to the N2R bell cranks.
- Reinsert M3x6 BHCS bearing retainer screws using thread lock.
- Attach N2R bell cranks to servo mount plate using stock M3x6 FHCS screws ensuring that the top of the steering posts is seated properly in the hex-shaped inset under the servo plate. Be sure to use thread lock to secure the screws going into the steering posts.
- Attach servo link to right side bell crank using the stock M3x16mm BHCS screw with thread lock. Note that due to the lower profile of the N2R aluminum bell crank arm, there will be several mm of exposed thread between the N2R bell crank and the servo mount plate. This is normal and will not affect operation. If you prefer, you can substitute a shorter M3x14 screw for the stock M3x16 screw.
- Attach steering rack (N2R or stock) to N2R bell cranks using stock M3x14 BHCS screws and hat bushings. If you are using the N2R steering rack, do NOT use the stock washers when attaching the steering rack.
- Reinstall skid plate.
For additional information, see the Element IFS Conversion manual here:
ReviewsLogan BeardI installed this while I did the steering rack because why not? Really high quality machined parts and I think it helped take some slop out of the steering. Another review said they had issues with “lock up”, I suspect this has to do with how much they tightened the bolts. In the instructions they specifically say not to over tighten the bolts. I would definitely recommend the steering rack upgrade (see my other review) and you might as well install this while you’re at it.BC
Great upgrade!Easy install and fixes almost all of the slop in the front IFS.Jon
Bell cranksI have this and the rack for my trailrunner and if you’re reading this review just buy these two parts. They’re probably the second thing you need to do to your trailrunner after ditching that stock esc. Tightens the entire front end up and fits perfectly. Real nice parts.Jesse Enriquez
N2r steering rack and ball cranks for ifsVery nice product good quality but still needs adjustments it’s causing my I have for steering to lock up under pressure usually it happens at full turn I feel that the product needs to be updated and re-printed like the stock or original part
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: BEL-0040UPC: