NOTE: THIS PRODUCT HAS BEEN REPLACED BY OUR NEW V2:
Hats off to the folks at Associated and Element for bringing a durable, narrow-track independent front suspension (IFS) to the scale market. The only problem is the wonky steering geometry with major bump steer. But fear not...our all new CNC-machined aluminum N2R Steering Rack for Element Enduro IFS fixes the problem by relocating and shortening the tie rods for proper geometry.
- 1x steering rack
- 2x M3x12mm BHCS
- 2x M4x20mm threaded rod
- 2x pivot ball
- Start by removing front skid plate. Save skid and all 4 screws for reinstallation later.
- Unscrew stock steering rack from bellcranks. Save the M3x14 BHCS screws and hat bushings for installation of N2R steering rack.
- Snap the left and right tie rods (steering links) off of the ballstuds holding them to the stock steering rack. You will not need to reuse the ballstuds on the steering rack.
- Remove the tie rods from the knuckles by unscrewing the ballstud from each knuckle. Save the M3 nylock nuts for later use.
- Remove the ball studs from each bent rod end and reinstall in the opposite orientation with threaded portion of ball stud inside the "V" of the bent rod end.
- Remove both rod ends from each tie rod metal link. You will not need to reuse the original metal links.
- Insert 1 M4x20mm threaded rod into each of the straight rod ends.
- Screw one straight rod end directly into each bent rod end. Leave 1-2mm gap between rod ends with hole on straight rod ends perpendicular to holes on bent rod ends. You can adjust the toe-in/toe-out later by adjusting the spacing between rod ends.
- Insert pivot balls into straight rod ends with flanged side of pivot ball facing forward.
- Attach the straight rod end side of each tie rod to the steering rack using the included M3x12mm BHCS with the flanged side of the pivot ball facing the steering rack. Be sure to use thread lock on these screws!
- Attach steering rack to bell cranks using the stock M3x14 BHCS screws and hat bushings. To help eliminate play in the steering due to movement between the hat bushings and pass-through screws, add a small dab of thread lock or glue (CA or E6000) to the threads closest to the screw head and washer before tightening steering rack screws all the way into bell cranks. Do NOT use the washers when attaching the N2R steering rack to the bellcranks (the washers can cause binding with the N2R rack).
- Attach bent rod ends to knuckles from underneath the knuckles using the ball studs and M3 nylock nuts.
- Reinstall skid plate.
ReviewsJonReally a nice piece,, immediately the best made part on that flexy element chassis. Probably the way it should have been right out of the box, combined with the bell cranks it takes the slop out and fixes that wonky bump steer.Derek Hamilton
Element IFS steering rackPerfect solution to the messed up geometry from the IFS kitJoonas Selkisalo
N2R STEERING RACK FOR ELEMENT ENDURO IFSThis has not yet arrived to me but I hope it will solve couple of problems from my trailrunner,Wesmade Builds
N2R Element Steering Rack Easy InstallThe N2r steering rack for the Enduro IFS is a great addition to an already great truck. The part fits seamlessly into the design of the Element and looks like it could have come from the factory. In fact, I believe this should have come from the factory. It really enhances the front steering. I cannot wait to spend more time driving the Element now!Cory Peterson
N2R Steering Rack for Element IFSThis is an easy to install terrific bang for the buck. The huge toe change stock during suspension travel was completely resolved. Truck drives and turns much better. Shipped quickly. Inexpensive. Totally worth it.Angel Fontanet
Top qualityfits perfect, great upgrade for IFSRalph Earliwine
Great qualityHaven’t crawled with it yet but it’s bombproof.Jeremy Kilburn
Element IFS SteeringFantastic solution to the overall geometry issues of the IFS. Held up to my Reefs RC 777 all weekend without any issues during comp courses.Kolben
Works awesome, truck is the best it's been since the ifs conversionAwesome setup, works great to eliminate bump steer and seems to free the front end up from binding. Very pleased with it
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: BEL-0030UPC: