The Redcat Gen8 is a great truck, but the stock front suspension geometry needs a bit of work. Unless you like bump steer and off-center axles. We didn't think you would, and you're not alone. Enter our N2R Panhard Relocation Mount for the Gen8, CNC machined in aluminum and anodized in black. With a simple, bolt-on part for the stock axles (or just a bit of trimming on the HD axles), we've all but eliminated the bump steer and centered the front axle at normal ride height. Even better...we've saved you the trouble of having to disassemble the entire front end of the truck just to unscrew the Panhard pivot ball from the axle mount. It's a win for everyone!
- 1x N2R Gen8 Panhard Mount
- 3x M3x16mm BHCS
- 1x pivot ball
Here are the installation notes:
- Start by removing the chassis side Panhard rod end from the pivot ball (you can leave the pivot ball in place).
- Unscrew the pivot ball that attaches the Panhard to the axle and reinstall on the front side of the axle's Panhard mount.
- Remove the screw that secures the left inner fender to the front of the left side shock tower (just ahead of the shock).
- Use one of the included M3x16mm screws to attach the N2R Gen8 Panhard Mount where the left inner fender screw was removed.
- Use a second included M3x16mm screw to secure the N2R Gen8 Panhard Mount to the hole at the front of the stock plastic panhard mount.
- If you have the HD version of the axles, you will need to use the alternate shock mounts located slightly rear of the c-hub and trim off the top of the inner double-shear shock mount located on top of the axle housing to allow enough clearance for the panhard rod end to be installed in the new location (see picture above).
- Insert the included pivot ball into the chassis side rod end and attach to the panhard mount using the third included M3x16mm screw. Use thread lock when attaching the panhard to the mount.
ReviewsMark ZDoes not fit the Gen 8 Axe. I gave it to a friend with an older Gen8. This does not fit HD axlesKit Walker
Gen 8 panhardGood product would by again and or similar partsEmiliano Arde
Review pan hard mount RedcatHoles in wrong side.Derek Weldon
Gen8 panhard relocation mountAwesome productCory
N2R relocation bracket for gen8Very nice easy upgrade! Used to help center the front axle. This product helps to fix the geometry of the suspension. It gets the axle more center at ride height and greatly reduced the amount of flex in the OEM mount.Tim Broberg
Red at gen 8 panhard relocation mountThis mount does keep the front diff aligned properly under the chassis and eliminates the side to side movement and bump steer but there was a fitment issue , I had to drill out the hole that mounts to the frame in front of the shock to get that bolt in. It was about 1 mm too high but very pleased with the result. Thanks.Ski Pro 3
Bow House Pan Hard relocation bracket for the Redcat Gen8Two issues with this part; 1. The mounting holes took quite a bit of torquing to get them to both line up. Start off with either screw and just a few threads in, then horse the other screw in using pliers or lever of some sort to get to line up. 2. The top of the shock on the passenger side its this mount when the driver side compresses first. Enough to restrict full travel and also hangs up when trying to extend again. No instructions came with the part. Most folks either will figure this out or find a youtube video on how to. No shipping invoice provided. Just a little envelope shows up with the parts inside. That's it. The part does function at what it's designed for if you don't mind the loss of suspension travel on the front passenger side under certain conditions.John Higgins
Good productFairly easy install, no directions, but not hard. It does minimize bump steer a lot but it isn't gone. I really like that the bolts for the pan hard bar is much easier to access now.
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: BG8-0020Width: 3.0 (in)Height: 1.0 (in)Depth: 5.0 (in)