Straight out of the box, the Traxxas X-Maxx is a lot of fun. But to really unleash the beast, you need more power, and the BowHouse RC Big Bore Motor Mount is just what the doctor ordered. Our motor mount includes holes spaced specifically for your favorite 48mm and 56mm aftermarket motors, and we didn't stop there. We've included a spacer to support the back of 48mm motors and a zip tie to strap the back of your chosen motor in place so that it doesn't flop around when you do X-Maxx things. So what are you waiting for...unleash your X-Maxx's inner beast with our SVT Big Bore Motor Mount!
- Mounting holes spaced specifically for Castle 1717 and 2028, and Hobbywing 5687 and 56113 series motors (2028 and 56113 motors require SVT Big Bore Spacers, sold separately).
- Use all 4 motor mount screws for added security with Hobbywing 5687 and Castle 2028 motors.
- Included nylon spacer supports bottom of Castle 1717 motor.
- Included metal tape supports bottom of Hobbywing 5687 and 56113 motors.
- Included zip tie secures the back of the motor to prevent up-and-down movement of the motor during hard-core bash sessions.
- Motor mount
- 4x M4x12mm flat head screws
- Nylon spacer for 48mm motors
- Metal tape for Hobbywing 5687 motor
- Zip tie
- Remove spur gear cover and save
- Disconnect motor from ESC
- Remove 4 screws securing stock motor mount from underneath the chassis and save screws
- Remove 4 mesh pins from chassis (you will not reuse these)
- Install new motor onto SVT Big Bore Motor Mount. Use 2 screws (at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock) for Castle 1717 and Hobbywing 4985 motors) or 4 screws at upper & lower locations for Hobbywing 5687/56113 or Castle 2020 series motors.
- Install new spur and pinion gear (see gearing recommendations above)
- For Castle 1717 and Hobbywing 5687 motors, install SVT Big Bore Motor Mount using stock motor mount screws and slide motor mount left/right as needed to achieve proper gear mesh. Make sure to use thread lock to secure screws going into mount.
- For Castle 2028 and Hobbywing 56113 motors, use SVT Risers for Big Bore Motor Mount between mount and chassis to provide proper clearance. Risers can be found here: SVT Risers for Big Bore Motor Mount
- Reinstall stock spur gear cover using stock hardware
- Let 'er rip!
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: BXM-0010UPC: