Straight out of the box, the Traxxas X-Maxx is a lot of fun. But to really unleash the beast, you need more power, and the BowHouse RC Big Bore Motor Mount is just what the doctor ordered. Our motor mount includes holes spaced specifically for your favorite 48mm and 56mm aftermarket motors while keeping the motors mounted as low in the chassis as possible for optimal weight distribution. We've included proper hole spacing so that you can use 4 screws into 56mm motors, and we didn't stop there. We've included a spacer to support the back of 48mm motors and a stainless steel hose clamp to strap the back of your chosen motor in place so that it doesn't flop around when you do X-Maxx things. So what are you waiting for...unleash your X-Maxx's inner beast with our SVT Big Bore Motor Mount!
Make sure to check out our SVT 8mm Spur Shaft for Traxxas X-Maxx (sold separately) to upgrade from the stock cush drive spur system to more durable aftermarket Mod 1 and Mod 1.5 gears.
- Mounting holes spaced specifically for Castle 1717 and 2028, and Hobbywing 5687 and 56113 series motors (2028 and 56113 motors require SVT Big Bore Spacers, sold separately).
- Use all 4 motor mount screws for added security with Hobbywing 5687 and Castle 2028 motors.
- Included nylon spacer supports bottom of Castle 1717 motor.
- Included metal tape supports bottom of Hobbywing 5687 and 56113 motors.
- Included hose clamp secures the back of the motor to prevent up-and-down movement of the motor during hard-core bash sessions.
- Motor mount (black anodized)
- 4x M4x12mm flat head screws
- Nylon spacer for 48mm motors
- Metal tape for Hobbywing 5687 motor
- Stainless steel hose clamp
- Remove spur gear cover and save
- Disconnect motor from ESC
- Remove 4 screws securing stock motor mount from underneath the chassis and save screws
- Remove 4 mesh pins from chassis (you will not reuse these)
- Place hose clamp around mount and slide new motor through hose clamp onto SVT Big Bore Motor Mount. Use 2 screws (at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock) for Castle 1717 and Hobbywing 4985 motors) or 4 screws at upper & lower locations for Hobbywing 5687/56113 or Castle 2020 series motors.
- Align hose clamp with slot under cradle portion of mount and tighten hose clamp until it sits flush with the bottom of the mount (or is recessed within the slot). It may be helpful to press the mount and motor down on a flat surface when tightening the hose clamp. Do NOT place motor leads or anything other than the mount between the hose clamp and the motor.
- Install new spur and pinion gear. Without risers, mount supports all stock gearing combinations (18-26T pinions with 46T spur, and 14-22T pinions with 50T spur) and Mod 1.5 equivalents (up to 48 total teeth).
- For Castle 1717 and Hobbywing 5687 motors, install SVT Big Bore Motor Mount using stock motor mount screws and slide motor mount left/right as needed to achieve proper gear mesh. Make sure to use thread lock to secure screws going into mount. For added clamping power, we recommend using Traxxas Motor Mount Washers (7759): https://traxxas.com/products/parts/7759
- For Castle 2028 and Hobbywing 56113 motors, or to run taller gearing, use SVT Risers for Big Bore Motor Mount between mount and chassis to provide proper clearance. Risers can be found here: SVT Risers for Big Bore Motor Mount
- Trim approx. 8mm off the stock spur gear cover on the left (driver's) side to clear the SVT Motor Mount
- Reinstall stock spur gear cover using stock hardware
- Let 'er rip!
ReviewsBrendanThe mount fit in my Xmax perfect, my eazirun motor goes straight in, no meshing issue , haven't tried the shaft yes as i dont need to, but so far, brilliant.Anthony
Motor mountBest motor mount on market for xmaxx I'm running with 5687 25/35 gears and when i placed the mount, the gear mesh was done automatically, Just remember to buy the risers Product arrived in Greece in just 10 days...awesome!Chris A Ryder
X Max motor mountFit exactly perfect , I haven't been able to get things compleatly together yet , waiting the dam gears , like everybody else in the world I geuss , but very fine quality and finish , great product
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: BXM-0010UPC: