If you're tired of the stock X-Maxx cush drive spur gear system, you've come to the right place. Our 8mm Spur Shaft for the Traxxas X-Maxx makes it easy to switch to standard, readily available 8mm pinions as spur gears, giving you plenty of options for Mod 1 and Mod 1.5 gears. Installation is quick and easy whether you are running the stock motor and mount or an aftermarket setup, and the hardened steel shaft is tough enough to take the abuse.
Note: you must supply your own gears.
- 1x 8mm spur shaft
- 1x spacer sleeve
- Remove spur gear cover (if applicable) and input gear cover and save all existing hardware.
- Remove both bearings, transmission input gear and input gear pin from stock spur shaft.
- Install 8mm pinion onto SVT shaft in the middle of the section with the machined flat. Finger tighten set screws.
- Slide 1 bearing onto narrow end of SVT shaft.
- Slide spacer sleeve onto SVT shaft.
- Line up holes for gear pin in spacer and shaft and insert pin.
- Slide input gear onto SVT shaft around pin.
- Slide second bearing onto end of SVT shaft and install shaft assembly into chassis.
- Reinstall input gear cover.
- Adjust spur gear so that it is centered with pinion, add thread lock to set screws and tighten.
- Reinstall spur gear cover (if applicable).
ReviewsChris PaxsonThis is the perfect setup so you only need 8mm shaft mod 1.5 spur / pinion gears. Would buy again.Kyle
Spur Gear ShaftAbsolutely Awesome! I love it makes me able to use gears for the spur that were meant for pinion. AWESOME!!!!Gabriel Carrasquillo
8mm spur shaftAwesome product, opens possibility to run a wide range of gear ratios. Also with the right size you can keep the gear cover.Tobiaus Lewis
X-Maxx ShaftI like to run Mod 1.5 gears in my X-Maxx. Had gears on ice cause they all had 8mm Diameter. Took the wobble out when accelerating. Every X-Maxx owner should have one.Anthony
Spur shaftGood quality! Best shaft for 8mm spur gears!Joseph White
Xmaxx SVT SPUR SHAFT.Part can quicker than I though. Really looking forward to installing this just gotta choose the gearing. I’ll be going with Bowhouse when I make that purchase.
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: BXM-0030UPC: