DUE TO HIGH DEMAND, ORDERS FOR THIS PART MAY TAKE 7-10 DAYS TO SHIP!
There are lots of things to like about the Redcat Gen8. But the bulbous mass under the skid isn't one of them. No worries...our N2R High Clearance Skid for the Gen8 eliminates that unsightly protrusion and adds over 5mm of ground clearance, allowing your Gen8 to glide over roots and rocks with ease. Skids are printed in-house using high-strength nylon.
Package includes 1 skid and 4x M3 locknuts
- If you are not planning to replace the stock driveshafts, we do NOT recommend trying to remove them when installing the skid. Stock driveshafts are secured with red thread-lock that is extremely difficult to remove, and it is NOT necessary to remove the driveshafts to replace the skid.
- Start by removing the stock battery tray and transfer case from the stock skid. Then disconnect all 7 links from the stock skid, followed by the remaining 8 screws that secure the skid to the chassis.
- Chassis rails will flex enough to allow you to remove the stock skid and install the N2R skid without having to detach bumper mounts or cross-members.
- IMPORTANT - When installing rear upper links, insert one M3 washer between each rear upper link rod end and the skid (see picture).
- After installing the N2R skid, you will need to use the included 4x M3 locknuts to secure the screws that pass through the front and back of the stock sliders into the forward-most and rear-most holes in the stock skid.