With much thanks to our good friends at GCM, we are pleased to offer these legendary diff cups for the Axial SMT10, Wraith, Yeti, Exo Terra and other applications that utilize AR60 style internals.
So what's different about these diff cups? Each diff cup includes 2 polished stainless steel shims to isolate the metal-on-metal friction between the output gears and the output bearing area. This allows much cooler bearings and longer life of all the internals. Cases also include a side hole sealed by a grub screw for easy, no-removal oil fill-ups. Simply remove the grub screw to refill your diff fluid as needed without having to disassemble the entire diff, and you are ready to go before you know it.
Each kit includes the parts you need for 1 axle:
- 1x new billet machined diff cup
- 1x M3 grub screw screw for fill-ups
- 2x outdrive gear shims
- Do NOT use the INSIDE o-ring on the new diff cup side. Use ONLY the OUTSIDE o-ring on the new diff cup.
- Do NOT overtighten the 4 screws that attach the diff cup to the ring gear (or spur for a center differential). Axial uses a compression paper gasket to seal the diff to the ring gear, and this gasket can compress MORE than the thickness of both supplied internal shims. If you overtighten the 4 screws when attaching the diff cup, you may over-compress the diff and cause it to seize up completely. If you are re-using a gasket, check to make sure that it hasn't been crushed. If the gasket is crushed, you can either start with a new one (AX30385) or take out the internal diff shims. Once assembled, diffs should spin freely even without oil and provide very little resistance inside the diff cups.
- Some cross shafts for the planetary gears are slightly longer than others. If you can't easily slide your planetary gear shaft into the slot in the diff cup, please grind or file the edges of the shaft to be ROUND on the end and not sharp square corners (i.e., go from a shape that looks like [ to a C shape).
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: BSM-0010UPC: